Contact

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dropbox


What I have been using for quite awhile is an excellent tool. Its been amazing one that I wholeheartedly endorse. Imagine an application that automatically syncs files to all your computers. How many of us work on several at a time.? One at work, two at home, an desktop and a laptop. What you will find is that there is a tremendous need to have the same files available anywhere you are, whether at work or hundreds or thousands of miles away. What a blessing it is to be able to log in at work and have the same files accessible. Well, introduce Dropbox. Heres is an Screencast that shows how it works.

Whats great about this is that it works whether your computer is an PC, Mac, or linux. You can still access your files anywhere in the world, as long as you can access the Internet, you can download or even upload files.

As an computer IT person, this has been invaluable for me, since I need details that I can access to. If I am working on a computer, I can log in on the web interface. then download the file I need.

If you want to try it out, click my referral link here.. You're get an extra 250 MB for trying it.

Whats neat, that you can get a free 2GB account. There is more storage available but with a fee which is quite reasonable for what you get from Dropbox. Whats also been a real time saver is the feature of revisions. Lets say, you saved a file and you decided that you didn't like what you have done, well, instead of redoing your work, you can go into the web interface and find revisions, click on revision and restore previous stored revisions of the same file. Although, this is not a feature that I wouldn't use but it can be useful for many.

There is also a photo Folder that you can put your photos in and able to send a gallery link to share it with others.

No comments:

Chris' shared items